Update: As requested, McDonald’s is increasing the rewards for the contest! Winners will receive P5,000 (1st place), P3,000 (2nd place), P2,000 (3rd place) respectively.
Hello children of the 80’s! Did you know that McDonald’s is celebrating its 30th anniversary in the Philippines? I was born 30 years ago so my existence on this planet is clearly defined by exactly how long McDonald’s has been in Manila. In fact there were four branches that served as the pillars of my childhood. These were: the branch in Makati Cinema Square as that was where my family would frequent when my parents would go to Mile Long, the branch in front of AIM because my dad was a graduate of that school, the branch in front of Alabang Town Center because they had the coin operated merry-go-round, and the one that used to be at the corner of President’s Avenue and Sucat but had been recently demolished to pave the way for a grocery store.
To commemorate 30 years of the Golden Arches, I’ll be running a NOSTALGIA TRIPPING contest for all my readers. The prizes are gift checks to any McDo branch in the country as well as limited edition Coca Cola can glasses!
Read on for the contest rules!
1. Who can join the promo?
• Contest is open to Filipino residents, and must be contactable via a valid e-‐mail address.
• Employees of McDonald’s and promotional and advertising agencies including the relatives up to the second degree are disqualified from joining the promoIon.
• No product purchase required.
2. How to join:
• Find an old photo of yourself, family members, or with friends at McDonald’s – it may be a celebraIon, a birthday party, or simply hanging out at McDonald’s.
• Recreate the photo in today’s setting, and upload it side-‐by-‐side the old photo.
• Share the link to the entry – it may be a blog, TwiTer, Tumblr, photo, youtube, etc. – at the comments secIon.
3. Photo entry requirements:
• Entry must include the following in the caption:
› Location of stores
› Dates when the old and the new photos were taken
› Who are in the photo
› The story behind the photo (what was the occasion, conversaIons that took place, etc.)
• Entries should not contain vulgar and inappropriate material or images, including but not limited to the following:
› Obscene, pornographic, or sexually-‐explicit content or information
› Materials which contain informaIon that poses a risk to the health and safety of others
› Materials which show strong support or opposiIon to any poliIcal or religious group or person
› Content that is considered offensive to the users, such as those that encourage the commission of an illegal, immoral or threatening activity, promote harassment, racism, hatred or discriminaIon against any group or individual, or provide information which you know are false, misleading, or harmful to any group or individual
› Materials which are defamatory or libellous in character or those which violate the privacy of any group or individual
• Three winners will be chosen by me as the judge. Only one criteria: emotional nostalgia!
• Winners will receive P5,000 (1st place), P3,000 (2nd place), P2,000 (3rd place) worth of McDonald’s gift cerIficates, which they can redeem at any McDonald’s store nationwide, as well as a special set of McDonald’s Coca-‐Cola Can Glasses.
• This contest is valid from today till October 21 2011, giving you (more than) enough time to go to McDonald’s and organie your shoot!