TORQUE TQ800 Trinity: Triple SIM, WiFi, Mobile TV (below PHP 8,000.00)

PRICE UPDATE: Below PHP 8,000.00

This landed on my desk tonight. It is called the TORQUE TQ800 Trinity. Say bye bye to dual SIM: this one has slots for three SIM cards. They call it “triple SIM, triple standby” which simply means that while one of the SIM cards is in use, the other two lines remain active. Essentially, you can have up to six numbers on this phone as it also supports GSM-based “wireless landline” numbers.

That’s not all. It also sports WiFi and mobile TV. Although a lot can be improved with the browser, it does access Facebook, Twitter, GMail and the rest of your daily social networking staples. I’m honestly impressed. TORQUE has always been pure comedy when coming up with a real estate design and this time around they’re copying a BlackBerry with a Pearl trackball as the center navigation instead of a joystick. Although response time lags a bit, the phone is still functional. In fact, they’ve even copied a bit of the BlackBerry UI.

Here are the specs:

Triple SIM, Triple Standby
WiFi
QWERTY Keyboard
Trackball
Free-To-Air Mobile TV
Quadband GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
2.4 inch QVGA LCD screen (320 x 240)
Dual Cameras: 2MP compatible camera with video
JAVA/ WAP 2.0 / GPRS
BLuetooth 2.0 with A2DP (you can listen to audio wirelessly using a headset)
FM Radio
MicroSD expansion up to 8GB
Motion sensor

I’ll have a more comprehensive hands on as I get to play with this little thing. It doesn’t feel like an AAA grade phone, but the feature set is impressive. It works fine. No pricing yet. I’ll update you guys.

Sign up for most recent and updated BH0-010 dumps with online NS0-153 dumps and 70-685 dumps.

29 Responses to “TORQUE TQ800 Trinity: Triple SIM, WiFi, Mobile TV (below PHP 8,000.00)”

1. melardenio says:

wow…sounds interesting…I would love to have this triple sim.

2. Didi says:

TRIPLE sim!!??

OMG!!!!

3. Glady says:

Bagay ito sa mga pinoy para isang phone na lang ang dala-dala instead of three. Merong para sa globe, smart at sun. :D

4. Lauren says:

Ooh. I’ve been considering a dual SIM phone, this one looks promising! I hope it has a simple UI for technophobes like myself.

5. 6 numbers and 3 sims, wow.

6. what about battery life. three sims would require three transcievers, right?

7. Ferdie Mangahas says:

this model is featured in today’s issue of Manila Bulletin/Technology Section. The article mentioned the unit will be out this June 2010. No pricing mentioned also. hope unit’s UI proves stable and a worthy replacement to my current phones (a dual sim and a querty phone with wifi!).

Hi jayvee! it’s been a long time since our Mapalad days!!!! regards.

8. Raymond says:

This is an interesting gadget and I will be glad to own one soom! Where can I buy it once released?

9. Kris says:

Hopefully mapost yung SRP nito. interesting phone.

10. bigbrian says:

Jayvster, I want one. The phone that we got for free is going haywire.. :D Where can I get one?

11. Allen says:

Is this china-made or is it something else? Cool huh. Ive never tried a dual sim phone but this one is interesting. and affordable pa. nice phone!

and nice blog btw! :D

12. christof says:

triple sim triple standby? sounds interesting! =) and for P8k i think it’s affordable. i just noticed though, that there are the keys/buttons for sim #1 and #2, just curious where’s the key for sim #3? or may be i just didnt notice it =)

13. metal1369 says:

any updates on the release date?

14. Benja says:

This is very interesting feature… 3 sims. I hope the 3 SIM’s are all GSM network… :D para naman magamit sa SMART, GLOBE at aka SUN…

15. rosevi de guzman says:

san po ba makakabili ng torque n phone?

16. If anyone wants this – pls buzz me at twitter.com/pageman and or facebook.com/paulamerigo :)

17. san po ba ang store ng torque?

18. Don says:

Hi, thanks for the quick review. I hope someone would enlighten me with these set of questions:

1. Is the Messaging feature layout is threaded (like in Palm OS, iPhone)?

2. What is the capacity of the battery? Does it use a typical Nokia battery or a proprietary one? Is the battery available locally?

3. I understand this would be tough as it is just launched yesterday, how long is the battery life with the usual Txt and Calls?

Thank you!

19. jepoy says:

it costs 6000 php here in San Fernando La Union.

20. glen says:

Looks Cool huh! Where can i buy one?

21. Jean says:

how about the text lagging? kagaya ba sya ng myphone tv81 duo na ambagal ng response sa sa text?

22. Jesha says:

hi Sir.sana after mo mabasa ang message ko, mag email po kayo sakin. tanung ko lang kung pang 3G lang yung camera nya sa harap or pwedeng pang picture din? kasi gusto ko ang unit na yan kaso hindi ko alam kung pwede pang picture yung camera sa harap.. yung kasi ang habol ko at yung yung wifi. pls message nyu po ako asap para bibili na ako.heheh!

23. kim says:

hai..i am always leaving msg asking for some info..

i really wnat to have this phone..are u selling this one?can i buy?

24. outdoorlover88 says:

Hi to all,

Any update/review sa mga nakabili na ng phone na ito????

SANA maganda battery life nya at yung pagtetext din sana hindi mabagal…..

SANA din hindi naghahung….

Maraming salamat po.

25. Greg says:

OK na sa akin ang features nito, ang gusto ko lang malaman kung gaano tumatagal ang battery, sana may makasagot.

26. jae says:

i recently have this fone, THIS IS WASTE OF MONEY, YUNG SIM 3 HINDI NAKAKARECEIVE NG TEXT, KAILANGAN MO MUNANG E-OFF YUNG FONE PARA MALAMAN MO NA MAY MESSAGES KA SA SIM 3, MAY PROBLEMA TLAGA PATI YUNG TRACK BALL, I ASKED TORQUE TO REPLACE MY UNIT, PINALITAN NAMAN NILA NG HINDI NA KASAMA SA MGA UNIT NA MAY SIM3 AND TRACKBALL ISSUES, PERO GANUN PARIN.

27. buliwyf39 says:

does it have a security phone lock so no one can access it (aside form the owner of course) even when it is turned on.i checked phones like the my phone and alcatel brands, they don’t support this feature, they only have pin code lock which is only applicable when turning the phone on.the alcatel 710D has different kind of phone lock, it doesn’t restricts the use of the phone, the restriction only applies when changing sim cards. it is still accessible to anyone as long as it is turned on.

28. Mar Ramos says:

Pwede ba mag loading (or mag benta ng eload) sa lahat ng tatlong sim sa torque trident??? thanks

29. Kabeer Kab says:

Gone are the days of watching television on a set… Mobile video user demographics are clearly showing a culturally varied population. 16 percent of mobile …A Mobile Tv is in my Pocket