Afterwards I was able to sit with Gang to record my third podcast episode. We talked about how to protect yourself from media. Be it traditional or new media, you can fool anyone – like starting your own religion for instance.
Conversation is in both English and in the local dialect, Filipino.
- How do you read, break down and analyze media?
- Gang says that my podcast is listened to by people who come from good schools
- Why the “contrabida” in a Philippine movie (villain) doesn’t run for public office
- Shampoo commercials sell to girls with long hair and a bit more on target markets and appeal
- Gang starts her own religion
- Bloggers and Journalists are differentiated according to their institutions
- Respecting beliefs doesn’t mean exclusion
- Bloggers are fantastic because we are flawed!
- Gang started blogging because of Jobarclix
I sincerely apologize for the background noise. We were recording from a convenience store in a gas station.
Shameless Plug: I will be guesting next Sunday at 8:00PM for RockEd Radio with Gang and some other interesting folks to talk about a controversial topic on Earth Day 2007 in the Philippines! The RockEd Radio Show happens every Sunday at 8:00 PM at NU 107 FM.
[Photo courteously stolen from Gang's blog]